Start a Group
PRS.work is a simple, easy, free way to launch and implement work-related small groups to hear God’s Word and commentary on work relevant topics.
No preparation is needed (Note: some leaders like to read the transcript in advance and prepare a few discussion questions). All you have to do is gather your group, either in person or using an online video-conference service. Share your screen and play the video we provide. The video walks you through a complete Bible study, including an introduction to the Bible passage, a dramatic reading from the Bible, a commentary on the reading, and time for group discussion. Each session is designed to last 55 minutes.
How to be a PRS.work Group Leader
- Set a time and date to have your first session, either online or in person.
- Invite friends, co-workers or others you know.
- For tips on getting a group together, read How to Recruit Your Group.
- Decide which PRS.work session to use for your first meeting.
- If you're not sure which session to use, you can begin with the series "Introduction to the Bible on Work".
- If you're using Zoom or another online platform, test your system in advance to make everything works.
- Gather the group for your first session.
- Pull up your chosen PRS.work session in a browser. Share or project your screen and sound and press play.
- For detailed technical instructions, read How to Run an Online Bible Study Using the PRS.work Free Online Video Curriculum.
- When the video ends, ask a simple discussion question such as "How does this apply to your work?"
- For tips on leading great discussions, read How To Lead a Great Bible Study Discussion.
- Keep the discussion flowing until it's time to end the meeting.
Requirements to be a Bible Study Leader
- Curiosity… in both what the Bible says and also in what other people think.
- Being willing to personally engage with the videos. You are learning along with the rest of the group. Your role is not to be the teacher. You are there to draw out what people think.
- Being prepared to ask discussion questions, and to give everyone in your group the opportunity to share their thoughts.
- Prior experience as a Bible study or church leader.
- Expertise in the Bible. You do not need to be a Bible expert to be a leader. The only “expert” in this study is the Theology of Work Bible Commentary that is read in the video.
- Approval from PRS.work. All videos are free to use under the Creative Commons license.
PRS.work Meeting Agenda
- Leader gathers the group in an online meeting.
- Leader shares screen and audio.
- Leader plays video. The video includes:
- Introduction to PRS.work
- Introduction to the day's Bible Reading
- Psalm read as opening prayer
- Dramatic Bible reading
- Time for quiet reflection
- Reading from the Theology of Work Bible Commentary covering the Bible passage
- Prompt for group discussion
Ready to Get Started?
Go for it!! All of us at PRS.work are so excited about what God will do through these studies in your life and the lives of your friends!